(Senior) Internal Auditor - global role
As (Senior) Internal Auditor in the first global Internal Audit team of Glencore Agriculture Group you will be responsible for providing assurance and advice to management at all levels to make risk-informed strategic choices.. You will be working on assignments worldwide, in a truly global manner and you will gain a profound understanding of strategic, operational, financial, local, and business considerations. You report directly to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Participate in or lead (senior) operational audits and support senior audit staff in closing meetings and audit reports for senior management
- Proactively execute day-to-day audit work, including audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting, in a timely manner.
- Document process flows, identify risks, and assess the control environment and risk management framework based on controls testing (design and operating effectiveness) or data analysis.
- Contribute to the continuous monitoring of the control environment and periodically update risk assessments as required.
- Review and evaluate audit programs and audit methodology to achieve audit objectives.
- Work with stakeholders, in both an independent audit capacity and an advising role, is key driver for success.
- Provide suggestions for operational efficiencies at the location subject to review.
- Initiate practical solutions to problems arising in business and financial operations.
- Track and monitor appropriate follow-up actions
You are a true advocate of the internal audit function and its value within the organization. You are eager to learn, with a vast executional drive and always striving for high performance. You are a team-player, willing to think along and flexible in adapting to the needs of this continuously changing organization. Combined with a pragmatic mentality and genuine interest in the dynamics of a complex commodity business, this makes you a valued member of Glencore’s Internal Audit team.
- An Accounting degree and (willingness to obtain) an additional certification as CIA, CA, RA, CISA, RE, RO or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in auditing complex processes, preferably in manufacturing or financial services (supply chain, processing, finance, risk etc)
- Capacity to both influence management and drive the audit department towards increased innovation.
- A team player, you like to share your knowledge with others
- Very structured and hands-on in your working style, with an eye for detail without losing oversight
- An excellent and active listener with highly developed and clear written and verbal communication skills: you have the ability to clearly articulate audit observations in a direct and transparent matter
- Energetic and able to work under pressure at a fast pace and in a highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
This role requires frequent travelling (globally, approximately 30-40% of your time).
Our Client: Glencore Agriculture
Glencore Agriculture is a global leader in the origination, handling, processing and marketing of agricultural commodities such as grain, oilseeds, sugar, cotton and biodiesel. The company has
offices and assets (e.g. plants, port terminals, silo’s) in over 35 different countries, employing over 13.000 people. The main office is located in Rotterdam, next to Blaak station. The culture is cosmopolitan as well as Dutch “no-nonsense” and co-operative, with a can-do mentality.
Glencore Agriculture offers you an ultimate challenge be part of the newly established global internal audit department. A role in which you will be able to develop fast in a great atmosphere and a company that has it all: manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, trading and financial complexity.
- Competitive salary
- Travel arrangement
- Flexible, non-contributory pension scheme
- Great office location, next to Blaak station (no parking available)
Vroom Hekkema headhunters in finance, is recruiting for this position at Glencore Agriculture. If you have any questions, please contact Christy Hekkema (06-54768760) or Janneke Vroom (06-20956377). You can also reach us via: firstname.lastname@example.org